Saturday, March 5, 2016

Vellum Cards 030516

Vellum can soften the look of a card. I like to dry-emboss it and sometimes color it. The cards below have vellum incorporated into the making. I hope you like them.


For this card I did the coloring on the back side of the vellum with alcohol markers and used stickers to add the name. I put it on a black panel which really makes the embossing and the coloring pop and I added it to a card base.


The card above and below are both made with the one embossing folder. The flower design is such that it has flowers on both sides and it makes it easy to cut along the middle section and separate the flowers.  On the orange card I added ribbon and a sentiment. 
 

On the green card above I added thin washi tape on the edge and the sentiment in the middle on which I use the rock-and-roll technique on the stamp to get a darker color along the edges. 


This last card I softened the pock-a-dot pattern by adding the embossed vellum on top. Once again a colored the butterflies with my alcohol markers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment