Friday, January 3, 2014

First Blog Post


Today I start this blog to share my handmade cards. I'm new to blogging, and I look forward to this new experience. I tend to think less is more so I will just get started and share three cards :)

They are all cards I made a long time ago. This first one was for my grandmother's birthday. I kept it very simple and I liked how it turned out.



I used a set of clear stamps from Inkadinkadoo and some inexpensive dye inks. I also stamped the envelop for a special touch.



For this one I stamped color card stock and did some fussy cutting for the flowers. Then I used a stripped pattern paper to simulate a fence and added a ribbon under the biggest flower which I popped up for some dimension.


This last card I made for a very special girl named Joy. I stamped the happy birthday greeting  and the flowers several times. I used chalk to color the flowers and glossy accents for the center of the flowers. I stamped J-O-Y on the bottom flowers, but if I was making this card again I would hand write to make sure I got the letters in the center. 

Well, that's all for today. I enjoyed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment